Saturday, March 17, 2007

To start.

I've always liked writing, but bemoaned my inability to write good fiction, or even decent fiction. So, a blog? I'll see what happens when I stick to thoughts and ideas. Twenty-plus years of listening has seasoned me, which has to be one of the top reasons to appreciate getting older. In my mid-twenties, I knew immediately that this was one profession that would be served by maturity, and I actually relished the thought. Of course, at that time I must have believed I'd keep that body, and develop maturity only in the mind... Anyway, I was trained in the classic tradition, with a psychodynamic focus. That means I consider all human behavior to have meaning, not that it arises out of the blue. As you might imagine, this perspective provides a beautifully realized understanding of the magnificence of all human expression.

No comments: